Just What Type of Republican WILL be their Nominee?
By Marc Platt
June 4, 2015
I never thought I would say this out loud, let alone think it possible...Lindsay Graham may find a way into this election against Hillary Clinton. He is a longshot for sure. He may really only be in the race to stop "Wahoos" like Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.
Here is what I'm thinking.
He is a middle-of-the-road "Old School" War Hawk Republican along the lines of Reagan, Bush Sr. and John McCain.
I listened closely to him on "Morning Joe" talk matter-of-factly about raising the Military Spending and closing tax loopholes and revising the Tax Code domestically to pay for the 10,000 troops he wants to put on the ground in the Middle East. We all know that would just be the start of a protracted long war that would never end if President Graham had his way.
He is unabashidly militaristic and proud of it. He uses the words "KILL" and "MURDER" like a badge of honor. He would be the Middle East President and he is not ashamed of his positions on anything ever. He is the most confident Republican candidate I have seen since.....GEORGE W. BUSH.
He speaks matter-of-factly and knowledgeable about everything...
Let's do a quick recap on the OTHER GOP candidates and their recent foibles.
1. Jeb Bush is being accused of abusing campaign financial laws by waiting so long to announce his impending candidacy and raking in insane ammounts of money that will be controlled by his Super Pac, that will basically run his campaign. It will be ugly.
2. Scott Walker is radically making social issues like "ABORTION" unpalatable to the masses that would vote in an election. He is also under a cloud of doubt because of his past campaigns.
3. Marco Rubio LOOKS great but keeps getting tripped up when asked relevant questions. He is probably not ready for prime time.
4. Chris Christie will not be able to run the clock out on "Bridge Gate." The U.S. Attorney will likely subpeona him and that will be the end of it.
5. Rick Perry is well, Rick Perry. He doesn't know stuff. It will hurt him.
6. Carly Fiorina could not manage Hewlet Packard.
7. Bobby Jindal is a joke. He is the gift that keeps giving when he goes against the American people's desires like Gay Marriage, Abortion and a myriad of social issues.
8. John Kasich is a VERY capable, but unknown entity from the swing state of Ohio.
9. Ted Cruz jokes about Joe Biden while the VP is grieving a dead son and making jokes about President Obama being a "N" in the White House in public places.
10. Rand Paul makes Senate Floor fireworks taking on the establishment and his senior Senator Mitch McConnell over the "Patriot Act." That political stunt will cost him dearly in the Primaries and beyond.
I hate to say it, but that leaves us with Lindsay Graham, another "Moderate" Republican who loves war.
If he can let these other people beat each other up and he can just keep running against Hillary and President Obama, he may catch fire and be the nominee.