Marc Platt's Politics: I'm a Lefty
By Marc Platt
Not a good start for Trump, but I am actually rooting for him to survive the 4 years. He will be crippled by corruption and investigations, but I believe Mike Pence is FAR MORE DANGEROUS and needs to be neutralized.
The first 85 Days have been abysmal...
Debacle because of Trump's ego regarding numbers in attendance.
2. Both Muslim bans blocked by the courts.
3. Flynn exposed as he spoke to our adversaries the Russians about lifting sanctions. Fired for "Lying" to Pence, who HEADED the transition team. He is a liar also.
4. Sean Spicer and his endless gaffes and half truths.
5. Kellyanne Conway is now a ghost in the White House, surfacing on Fox News once in awhile.
6. Stephen Miller is another obnoxious "Trumpladite" who will likely be jettisoned not long after Bannon.
7. Bannon is the biggest of all the egos in the White House. He was able to sucker Time Magazine into outshining Trump. He has alienated Jared and Ivanka. Bye bye is coming soon.
8. The "Yemen" Debacle in which several collateral civilian casualties were lost along with a Navy Seal. Trump blamed the failed mission on Obama.
9. Trump accused Obama of wiretapping his campaign.
10. Being investigated by FBI for "Criminal and Collusion" involvement in the "Russia-gate" fiasco...
So...I REALLY get tired of reading posts on how "Obama was a pussy" and "Trump is so strong" with his recent actions in Syria and Afghanistan.
I have no doubt that Obama, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter and Dubya advised Trump to take both actions. What they wouldn't have advised is to threaten North Korea directly. The "Crazy Fat Kid" could take out Seoul South Korea with one drunken stupor. You don't threaten crazy people. They do crazy shit and YOU Donald will get blamed.
By Marc Platt
I am NOT an expert on the middle east, but I have some "Political Thoughts" on what is happening regarding Syria.
It is all about messaging. Four years ago Barack Obama had to walk a tightrope when Bahir Al Assad did that major gassing of his people, signaling he was going to start military strikes.
That led to John Kerry's arrangement to remove chemical weapons diplomatically. There were no more outbursts of chemical weapons for the remainder of Obama's tenure. Obama played diplomatic chess and won the battle, but lost the war, as he was criticised for the MESSAGING of air strikes, but the diplomatic resolution that the Republicans jumped all over him saying he "was weak."
Four years later, it is Syria testing Trump, who (to his credit) agreed with Obama in 2013 Tweeting endlessly that we should not fight Syria's war. "Stay out" of Syria he kept sending that message out. Now the shoe is on Trump's foot.
Obama used the best card trick he had in his deck...FORCE CONGRESS to vote on a resolution of declaring war. They completely ran away from Obama and were quietly relieved when Kerry and Obama cooked up the back-channel deal to remove the chemical weapons from Syria.
The amateurish Trump will likely bomb Syria and his poll numbers will rise from the 34% he is at now. The best news is Mattis, Kelly and McMaster in his cabinet and in the "War Room." These men know how to make war. Congress will be left out.
The tightrope issue is Russia. We cannot kill Russians. This scares the crap out of me. Trump and his generals will have to warn Putin to remove his soldiers from these airstrips and asset sites before embarking on this course.
Hold your breath. It is going to get very dicey in Syria if he bombs them. Innocent people will be killed, just like Yemen.