Marc Platt's Politics: I'm a Lefty
By Marc Platt
Much of America got hoodwinked this past November. They wanted change and man oh man they've got it now.
Donald J. Trump went to the isolationist/racist/Richard Nixon playbook to get himself elected. He stitched together an electorate that for some strange reason...Worked. I give him props for finding the only possible path to victory.
What is now apparent is his inability to actually DO THE JOB. He has zero ability to analyze and actually govern. The only thing "President" Trump knows how to do is get down in a bunker and use his "Word Salad" skills to deflect his corruption and ineptness as a President. He has little or no knowledge of domestic policy or foreign policy.
He cannot sit still long enough to even understand his "PDBs" (Presidential Daily Briefings). This point was brought home this week when it was disclosed that he passed on "Code Word" and "Classified" information to the Russians (at the behest of Putin himself). Yes..Putin asked Trump to have these guys IN THE OVAL OFFICE. They played Trump in a big way getting him to brag about his ISIS policy (which he may or may not understand).
Trump was able to correctly assess that Nixon's "Silent Majority" was being neglected 45 years later and Lindberg's "America First" isolationist movement of the late 30's was the proper playbook to run during the campaign, but that has little to do with governing in 2017.
Trump will either resign (like Nixon) or go into battle (Like Bill Clinton) and deal with the US Congress who all want to save their own asses.
This is where we are.
By Marc Platt
Not a good start for Trump, but I am actually rooting for him to survive the 4 years. He will be crippled by corruption and investigations, but I believe Mike Pence is FAR MORE DANGEROUS and needs to be neutralized.
The first 85 Days have been abysmal...
Debacle because of Trump's ego regarding numbers in attendance.
2. Both Muslim bans blocked by the courts.
3. Flynn exposed as he spoke to our adversaries the Russians about lifting sanctions. Fired for "Lying" to Pence, who HEADED the transition team. He is a liar also.
4. Sean Spicer and his endless gaffes and half truths.
5. Kellyanne Conway is now a ghost in the White House, surfacing on Fox News once in awhile.
6. Stephen Miller is another obnoxious "Trumpladite" who will likely be jettisoned not long after Bannon.
7. Bannon is the biggest of all the egos in the White House. He was able to sucker Time Magazine into outshining Trump. He has alienated Jared and Ivanka. Bye bye is coming soon.
8. The "Yemen" Debacle in which several collateral civilian casualties were lost along with a Navy Seal. Trump blamed the failed mission on Obama.
9. Trump accused Obama of wiretapping his campaign.
10. Being investigated by FBI for "Criminal and Collusion" involvement in the "Russia-gate" fiasco...
So...I REALLY get tired of reading posts on how "Obama was a pussy" and "Trump is so strong" with his recent actions in Syria and Afghanistan.
I have no doubt that Obama, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter and Dubya advised Trump to take both actions. What they wouldn't have advised is to threaten North Korea directly. The "Crazy Fat Kid" could take out Seoul South Korea with one drunken stupor. You don't threaten crazy people. They do crazy shit and YOU Donald will get blamed.